1st Plenary Meeting of the LEGISLATIVE LIAISON SYSTEM (LLS)
Tuesday, 25 October 2016
- As earlier indicated by the President, the Legislative Executive Development Advisory Council (LEDAC) is expected to convene next month. Traditionally, the first meeting of the LEDAC under a new Administration is devoted to the presentation and consideration of the separate sets of priority measures from the Executive Branch and the two Chambers of Congress, leading to the formulation of the LEDAC Common Legislative Agenda (CLA) – an agreed list of urgent measures embodying a shared sense of policy direction and political exigency between the two branches of government.
- However, we wish to mobilize all members of the LLS in support of the forthcoming Cabinet Workshop next month for the purpose of finalizing the President’s Legislative Agenda (PLA). PLLO has identified THIRTY-TWO (32) legislative measures for possible inclusion in the PLA (annex) drawn from the following: (a) SONA 2016 of the President; (b) Presidential Agrarian Reform Council meeting on 12 September 2016; (c) requests from Cabinet members; and (d) other pronouncements of the President.
- For this purpose, we are inviting all designated legislative liaison officers (LLO) of every Department/Agency to attend the Plenary Meeting on Tuesday, 25 October 2016, from 9:00 A.M. up to 4:00 P.M., to be held at the Social Hall, 4/F Mabini Building, Malacanang Complex, Manila.
- Preparatory works to be considered by all members are the following:
- ALL DEPARTMENTS to identify among the pending bills and to submit to concerned LLS CLUSTERS their respective pet legislations – underscoring the objectives and salient features thereof – in pursuit of urgent policy reforms or support programs, in consultation with their sector constituency, and in line with the President’s Ten-Point Socio-Economic Agenda;
- ALL LLS CLUSTERS to review and to determine the order of URGENCY, IMPACT and DOABILITY of all submissions from member-departments vis-a-vis the policy and program thrusts of the individual Clusters; and
- ALL DEPARTMENTS and LLS CLUSTERS to submit their reports, copy-furnished the PLLO, for consolidation.
- Based on a set of agreed criteria, the legislative proposals emanating from the LLS Clusters shall be short-listed during the Workshop to ensure consensus and dissemination across all Cabinet Clusters. The Workshop Output is an indicative list of priority legislative measures that will be taken up during the scheduled Cabinet Workshop, which will then be presented during a Cabinet meeting for final vetting and imprimatur of the President.
For confirmation of your attendance, please coordinate with our PLLO cluster coordinators thru the following telephone numbers:
- PLLLO-House of Representatives at 931-6423 / 931-5718 / 931-6047
- PLLO- Senate at 551-0540
Thank you for your cooperation and support.
1st PLENARY MEETING OF THE LEGISLATIVE LIAISON SYSTEM (LLS)
Social Conference Room, 4/F Mabini Hall, Malacañang Palace
25 October 2016 (Tuesday), 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Opening Program: (0900H – 1000H)
Cluster on Good Governance
DOLE Legislative Liaison Officer
Presidential Adviser on Legislative Affairs/Head, PLLO
Head, Presidential Management Staff
Office of the Special Assistant to the President, OP
AGENDA PROPER: PLLO Presentations: (1000H – 1200H)
PLLO – House of Representatives
PLLO – Senate
PLLO – OSEC
LUNCH: (1200H – 1300H)
Cluster Workshops: (1300H – 1600H)
PLLO – Senate